Monday 4 June 2012

Prometheus - my opinion

Ridley Scott has done it again. He has produced a sci-fi action packed film filled with all your favourite 'Alien' suspense.


So my boyfriend took me to see this movie, mainly because he has been counting down the days till it came out. I wasn't to sure what to expect. I'd seen the alien movies on tv before and found them entertaining. There isn't really a bad word you could say about them. They keep you hooked throughout.

The same could be said for Prometheus. I didn't find myself thinking about how long the movie was, or looking around at the packed seats and people munching on popcorn throughout the film. Instead I watched, wide eyed behind my 3D glasses.

A couple of times I found myself tightening my grip on my boyfriends hand as we awaited to see what was going to happen next. Unfortunately, the aliens lacked any scary element. Infact, there was a large likeness to the Kracken from Pirates of Caribbean at one point. There also didn't seem to be one form of alien as 3 different types appeared on the screen before us!

Ridley Scott really did pull out all the stunts with a high tech future spaceship and witty dialogue. Nevertheless, there are many unanswered questions which I will put in a seperate blog for fear of spoiling the movie.

Go see it! Let me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment